Stargazing

So I stumbled upon this idea a while back, while I was looking for something different to do with my own kids - Stargazing. I thought I would share this because I think its pretty cool, and it would give kids a nice appreciation for nature and science. My daughters already love staring at the moon...so why not the stars? 


Now I know you're thinking, "I don't know the first thing about stargazing". That was my initial reaction too. But the Internet is full of information...from what time of year is best, to where you should go, to what the stars look like, so you can seem like an expert when you're showing your kids meteor showers, the Big Dipper, Orion, or any other constellations.

You can even buy a little telescope (if your pocket is okay with this...lol) and see what you can discover. You can go to YouTube and watch videos of stars and constellations with them. You can probably even consider a visit to NIHERST Science Center and check out their planetarium. Or you can just keep it simple, and go into your backyard at night, spread a blanket, and stare at the sky. Maybe tell a story or two. Have a night time picnic under the stars. It's beautiful either way, because time spent with family is always great!

Comments

  1. I don't have any kids but this is something I'd love to try with my nephews.. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm always thinking of activities to share with my son but it's usually daytime stuff. This will be something different. And he'll be glad to stay up late lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment