Something's Baking




Kids love helping out in the kitchen - especially when it's something they love eating! Baking cakes is always a kid favourite whether it's helping crack eggs or just licking the batter. To keep life easy I use the Betty Crocker cake mix - or box cake as we like to call it in Trinidad. It's easier, and less messy and since there's no real measuring to be done, it's much easier to let smaller kids be involved.



After mixing just place the baking cups (or as my kids say - cupcake paper) in the cupcake baking pans, put the batter in the cups, and follow the instructions to bake.





You can even choose to ice and decorate the cupcake afterwards as an additional activity. Here are some I did with my kids:



HAVE FUN BAKING!

Comments

  1. Looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got hungry just thinking about this...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good idea. I've actually tried this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really great idea.... Especially with the box cake... Less wares and short clean up time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome idea..easy and quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I tried this I tried doing things the old fashioned way from scratch. Mess for days. Think I will give the box cake method a definite try though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a must do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got hungry just reading this and looking at the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never thought of baking with my nieces and nephews when they come over. Will definitely have to try before our vacation is over.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment